Wrinkles are more obvious on the face may be one sign that you are getting older. But to find out your cholesterol level increase can not recognize by the physical appearance.
Although high cholesterol is often a consequence of ageing. But the ups and downs of cholesterol contain do not know you were old or young. In this age, adolescents may also experience serious health risks due to soaring cholesterol. A number of severe diseases such as heart disease, stroke is now not just attack the elderly, but also young people.
Fortunately, to avoid the worst effects of cholesterol there are many things that can be done. Healthy and disciplined life is the principle and the main capital in order to prevent the threat of cholesterol, but health experts say there are some steps you can take to reduce and control high cholesterol.
- Eat right and proper. From now on, reduce intake of saturated fat and cholesterol. Avoid foods such as fried or offal. Clumps of fat (fatty streak) will make cholesterol levels rise.
- Diligent exercises. Research shows that physical activity done regularly can reduce the risk of heart disease by 50%, lower blood pressure, lower total cholesterol levels while raising HDL (good cholesterol) which helps remove LDL (bad cholesterol) from your arteries.
- Lose weight. Excess weight or obese tend to cause high content of triglycerides (a kind of fat) high, while levels of HDL (good cholesterol) tend to be low.
- Check your blood pressure regularly. Keeping your blood pressure. Ideally 120/80. High blood pressure indicates the occurrence of cholesterol that builds up in layers in the arteries.
- Stop smoking. Cigarettes can encourage the formation of fatty buildup in artery walls (atherosclerosis) and narrow the arteries and blood flow block.
- Medication from a doctor. If your hard work as exercise, diet and weight loss programs fail to lower cholesterol, your doctor will give you drugs lowering cholesterol. Treatment can be the first choice for people who have risk factors other diseases such as heart disease or diabetes. There are a variety of prescription drugs such as statins, niacin or ezetimibe.